AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google 'flatter' my search results

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I constantly test the Google search (key words and phrases specific to my products) from the same address, is Google going to show me better results over time? Is Google flattering my results and would my business rankings be different for a completely new user in another geographic location?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tony a
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Tony a,

I would not think that Google would as you say "flatter" your resalts. in fact, that would be a really bad business move on their end. I know that if you search the same thing multiple times and do not click on any of the showing resalts, Google will think that that is not what you want and show you different results. so eventually you would not see your ad anymore.

I always recommend using the ad preview tool when searching your results. That way Google does not recognize any of the searches that you have performed and that data would not work against your performance. 

as for "would my business rankings be different for a completely new user in another geographic location?" 

A google result is never guaranteed to look the same for you as it does for another person. Google always looks at what is best for that person (ie. location, interests, past history) and tries to give them the best results for what they are looking for.  All you can do is try to be the best that they are looking for. 

Hope that helped. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tony a
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Tony a,

I would not think that Google would as you say "flatter" your resalts. in fact, that would be a really bad business move on their end. I know that if you search the same thing multiple times and do not click on any of the showing resalts, Google will think that that is not what you want and show you different results. so eventually you would not see your ad anymore.

I always recommend using the ad preview tool when searching your results. That way Google does not recognize any of the searches that you have performed and that data would not work against your performance. 

as for "would my business rankings be different for a completely new user in another geographic location?" 

A google result is never guaranteed to look the same for you as it does for another person. Google always looks at what is best for that person (ie. location, interests, past history) and tries to give them the best results for what they are looking for.  All you can do is try to be the best that they are looking for. 

Hope that helped. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Terry, that's put my mind at rest. I'm going to assume that the same applies to natural rankings as well. It was a case of me not wanting 'mirror mirror on the wall, whos are the best rankings of them all" and getting a false view.  

Thanks again for the prompt reply.