AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google NOT show you Ads if you own the Company?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Strange question I know, but I'm running an Adwords campaign for a Client.

He says when he searches for certain keywords, he's not seeing the Ads, when I search I do see them.

We are on different sides of the Country, but the campaign is Australia wide so this shouldn't affect it.

Is it possible as he's logged into Google that they know he's company owner and therefore won't show him the Ads?

I don't know if this is possible yet, but seems like a sensible option.

TIA

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Does Google NOT show you Ads if you own the Company?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TIA,

the Beauty of the AdWords is that, if you reapeatly search the keywords and does not click,That's because Google's system detects the IP address of your computer, and may stop showing your ads.

That's why It is always encourage the advertisers to use the Ad Preview tools to check the live ads on Google. So tell the clients to use the Ad Preview Tool to see the ads.
On the other hand you can also check the ads in Ad Preview tools, with selecting the Client's Location and see what is the problems in your ads. Some times because in high competition in some location, It requires higher bid, your ads may not appear on the first page. So in this case you can modified your bids at the location levels.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TIA,

the Beauty of the AdWords is that, if you reapeatly search the keywords and does not click,That's because Google's system detects the IP address of your computer, and may stop showing your ads.

That's why It is always encourage the advertisers to use the Ad Preview tools to check the live ads on Google. So tell the clients to use the Ad Preview Tool to see the ads.
On the other hand you can also check the ads in Ad Preview tools, with selecting the Client's Location and see what is the problems in your ads. Some times because in high competition in some location, It requires higher bid, your ads may not appear on the first page. So in this case you can modified your bids at the location levels.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Senior "Rakesh Kumar"
Also I want say if "TIA" running ads on search network, there is also fact quality score. Some time Ad Preview Tool not work properly, so in this case what to do?

thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anwar,

First I would like to say about the Exclamation word "Senior", this is not good, this is the peer to peer learning AdWords Platform.

I could not understand some Time "Ad Preview Tool" does not work. May you elaborate more here?

However I would like to tell you that, if you Go to the Ad preview Tool and and select the particular location (where is TIA's located), then Ad Preview will populate the exact reasons, why your ads are not triggering. see the snapshot below:-

Ad Preview Tool.png

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok, got it. thanks. but want to say something about "Senior", every platform have seniors, and in this platform you are a "Top contributor" and that's why I always salute you, if you don't like I'll never call you further. I'm sorry about that. thanks.