3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does GDN show 2 or more ADS from one account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One of my friends is running a campaign on Display Netword of Google Adwords. Now he wants one more campaign means 2nd campaign. These two campaigns have similar ads so will Google Display Network show one ad one time or 2 ads one time on any placement website?

Looking forward much appreciated answer!!!

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zaheer
September 2015

Re: Does GDN show 2 or more ADS from one account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Zaheer.

The auction which decides which of the competing ads show takes place at "ad unit/placement" level. And one website page, as you've probably seen, can feature several such placements.

So one advertisers bidding for example.com may well find that he's won the auction for several ad units and therefore several of his ads are featured, at the same time, on one page. Each of the ads though may only appear once in one ad unit.

One page where I've often experienced that is speedtest.net.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
No 1 ad for same keyword at a time. it will rotate the ad as per option you have selected. If 2 ads on same keyword than it will compete against each other. Not advisable.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zaheer
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Zaheer.

The auction which decides which of the competing ads show takes place at "ad unit/placement" level. And one website page, as you've probably seen, can feature several such placements.

So one advertisers bidding for example.com may well find that he's won the auction for several ad units and therefore several of his ads are featured, at the same time, on one page. Each of the ads though may only appear once in one ad unit.

One page where I've often experienced that is speedtest.net.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmmm....as a curiosity about "Each of the ads though may only appear once in one ad unit." , where is this information from ? 

I have seen as many as 6 banners from "mercador.ro " these days on several pages in our country while I know there can be only 3 units per page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Do you know if there is a way in settings to ensure that only one ad from your company will show on a page at a time? 

I have recently increased the bids on my ads and now they are all showing on one page at once which seems like a real waste!

Thanks,

Sally  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I'm experiencing this too where two ad sizes of the same ad are showing on one website. It's really inefficient for me and can screw up my CTR. What can we do?