AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does Changing Keyword Max CPC Reset Quality Score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

In the AdWords Editor, I was lowering all my keyword bids in an ad group by a certain percentage using the advanced bid changes tool in the keywords tab. Once I posted the changes, the Editor kept my keyword historical data (e.g., impressions, clicks, etc.), but now my quality scores are blank. Is my quality score just temporarily gone or did doing this reset my keyword quality score entirely?

Thank you in advance for all your answers!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erika S
September 2015

Re: Does Changing Keyword Max CPC Reset Quality Score?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Erika,

Good question. Fortunately, (or maybe sometimes unfortunately Smiley Wink, your quality score isn't reset when you change bids. If you log into the web interface, you should continue to see the quality score for your keywords.

I hadn't noticed that it went blank after posting an upload in AdWords Editor, to be honest, so I can't say why Editor does that but I can tell you with certainty that your QS isn't gone and it hasn't reset. Quality score is based upon historical data and, while optimizations can improve it, it cannot be reset.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Erika,

Changing bids do not have any effect on the quality score. In this case, you should be able to see the original quality score in some time.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erika S
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Erika,

Good question. Fortunately, (or maybe sometimes unfortunately Smiley Wink, your quality score isn't reset when you change bids. If you log into the web interface, you should continue to see the quality score for your keywords.

I hadn't noticed that it went blank after posting an upload in AdWords Editor, to be honest, so I can't say why Editor does that but I can tell you with certainty that your QS isn't gone and it hasn't reset. Quality score is based upon historical data and, while optimizations can improve it, it cannot be reset.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all your replies. I went into the UI and the quality scores were still there. I just pulled recent changes in the Editor and now the quality scores are back. I guess they just disappear for a little while in the Editor.