AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do you need an adwords account for home service ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but I have a client who is interested in signing up for home service ads in Los Angeles. My question is will he need a new adwords account to run home service ads if he gets accepted? I think they also have an old adwords account that is no longer in use, so I'm not sure where that fits in either. 

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can either "re-activate" the old account or cancel the old account and open a new one.

The rule is: one business - one account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So just to confirm, you do need an active adwords account to run home service ads?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct. Ads by Google are published by AdWords  or AdWords express or DoubleClick (the latter for very big advertisers)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright, thank you for the info!