Do’s and Don’ts for Beginners: Checklist to Follow in PPC
Even you are an expert to create and launch campaign in sleep, but sometimes missed small thing which can be detectable after few weeks or months then you waste your time to start with scratch to analyse the problem.
It’s not like that only beginners can make this mistake but this same can happen with the managers as well. There are various points that should be in streamline to launch your campaign.
In this post, we’ll look the basic points that can help to make and strategize your campaign successfully. So before creating the campaign we need to make the strategy work on some analysis point, in this article all the points are mentioned in form of checklist.
Strategy & Messaging
- What is your market?
- Who are your customers?
- Who are your competitors?
- What message are you trying to convey?
- Why should customers choose you?
- What are the campaign goals?
- What geographies are being targeted?
- Is Display (non-remarketing) being used? Is remarketing being used?
- Are there any initial day/week partings?
- Are mobile devices going to be targeted?
- Do landing pages currently exist?
- If yes, do they follow to best-practices? Can they be amended?
- If no, who is creating them?
- If targeting mobile, is the landing page mobile responsive?
- Conduct keyword research
- Divide keywords in tightly themed Ad groups
- Add negative keywords to exclude words with a different user intent
- Develop product/solution/service oriented benefit statements
- Determine offers/assets
- Develop ad copy incorporating your benefits and offers.
- Spell check your adverts
- Check all adverts link through to a good landing page
- Finalize the master plan (i.e. display URLs, Final URLs, etc.)
- Generate initial list of negative terms and, if applicable, excluded placements
- Ensure conversion tracking is in place & contact forms work.
- If doing remarketing has remarketing code been implemented?
- If tracking phone calls, has phone call tracking been implemented?
- Have you "lived tested" tracking?
- Is billing within AdWords set up?
- What are the daily/monthly budgets (Net vs. Gross)?
Campaign Settings & Upload
- Upload campaign in bulk-sheet into Ad Words Editor
- Edit default settings where needed
- Set daily budget cap
- Double check settings
- Launch campaign paused in Editor
- Review paused campaign in AdWords
Hope you found this helpful!