AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do adwords work the same on mobile and laptop/computer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Should my ads display the same on mobile as they do on a computer or laptop? Or are there differences when it comes to mobile? If so, how does it differ and why?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Do adwords work the same on mobile and laptop/computer?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Mobile text ads look like normal text ads that you'd see on a desktop computer (lap top). The main difference is that Google show more ads per page when someone's searching on a desktop computer, and fewer ads per page when someone's searching on a mobile device.

If you want to see how your text ads look like on mobile devices, you can use ad preview tool and and under device preference select Mobile.

Also, you can create a mobile-optimized ad shows only on mobile devices rather than showing the desktop adson mobile devices. Those mobile-optimized ads have special look on the mobile screen.... To do so, select the "Mobile" checkbox next to the "Device preference" setting. Or check this link to know more: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Remember too that people can make bid adjustments for mobile - anywhere between +300% and -100% - so the ads that might appear on desktops may appear in different positions on mobiles.

You should also consider running a mobile specific campaign where your website has a mobile friendly version- directing mobile traffic directly to the mobile url.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By display I mean, if I use certain keywords and my ad comes up in Google on a laptop, should it come up the same if I do the same search in Google on mobile. If I'm not seeing this, what does it mean and why ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ivana,

It depends on the competition. if your ad on mobile device are not having ad position you have on laptop for a certain keyword reason may be competition for that keyword is high on mobile device (I.e. people are bidding high for that keyword on mobile).

regards,
Rahul Goel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see, so they are in fact 2 separate things? You could adjust your campaign differently on mobile vs. laptop if you wanted to?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Mobile text ads look like normal text ads that you'd see on a desktop computer (lap top). The main difference is that Google show more ads per page when someone's searching on a desktop computer, and fewer ads per page when someone's searching on a mobile device.

If you want to see how your text ads look like on mobile devices, you can use ad preview tool and and under device preference select Mobile.

Also, you can create a mobile-optimized ad shows only on mobile devices rather than showing the desktop adson mobile devices. Those mobile-optimized ads have special look on the mobile screen.... To do so, select the "Mobile" checkbox next to the "Device preference" setting. Or check this link to know more: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Remember too that people can make bid adjustments for mobile - anywhere between +300% and -100% - so the ads that might appear on desktops may appear in different positions on mobiles.

You should also consider running a mobile specific campaign where your website has a mobile friendly version- directing mobile traffic directly to the mobile url.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Ivana,

In addition to the informative replies above, you can also check your mobile performance data in the 'Settings' tab of your campaign. If you click 'Devices' on the grey bar, you will see a breakdown of performance statistics based on Computers, Mobile devices with full browsers and tablets with full browsers for the date range you have selected (on the top right corner of your screen). 

As mentioned, some advertisers will set mobile bid adjustments and may create mobile preferred ads, while other advertisers will run the same settings across all devices. 

I hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks everyone - very helpful!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your Ads look like normal ads on PC Computer or laptop. Google Show more ads on computer & Laptop and fewer on mobile device. You may see your ad preview on ad preview tool. If You want to adjust bid on mobile device, Click on campaign settings=>Devices.

You May Click on Give Link For more :
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?hl=en