5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do You Pay for each Keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just started a CPC campaigned and chosen about 10 keywords. On the campaign manager page it shows a cost per each keyword. Does this mean that I will have to pay for each keyword? So my final bill at the end of the month will be a sum of the cost for each keyword?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Samwise S,

If the campaign type is Search network only, then you will be paying for each click corresponding to any particular keyword.

The total amount spent or amount that you need to pay can be checked within the cost column.

Please note that the tax is exclusive of this cost/amount spent by the clicks. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If any of your keywords are searched upon and clicked you will be charged, if the keywords arent clicked on then you wont be charged.

regards, 

Zaby

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Samwise S,

If the campaign type is Search network only, then you will be paying for each click corresponding to any particular keyword.

The total amount spent or amount that you need to pay can be checked within the cost column.

Please note that the tax is exclusive of this cost/amount spent by the clicks. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Samwise S Good Question you have there.  

Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) on AdWords , you pay only when your Ads are Clicked .

As @Zaby said you set keywords in which you want to target . 

Just make sure your keyword is relevant with Adgroup ,Ads and Landing Page, use a well structured Account to increase quality score for those keywords ,so there can be reduction in Cost Per Click (CPC) and improved ranking .

Hope this helps !