AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do Same Placements for Different Ad groups in One Campaign Conflict?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same Placements sites are coming for different ad groups in single campaign. Will it Effect negatively to the campaign. As it is recommended in search advertising to not use same keywords in different ad groups to avoid conflict situations.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish k S
September 2015

Re: Do Same Placements for Different Ad groups in One Campaign Conflic

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;

On the display network, keywords work differently than on search;

The theme of keywords is matched with the (content) theme of the a webpage. They do not compete. Unlike the search; if you set your ad-groups properly, you can have your ads wining more than one slot on a web page. (Very useful in a Remarketing).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ashish k S and Welcome to the Community !

What kind of campaign are you talking about ? Do you have 2 different Display Network Campaigns ?

You are talking about keywords but they are not targeting tools in Display Newotk Campaigns, they only match the interest of the website with the meaning of the keyword.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453986?hl=en

These are the targeting tools :

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/manage-your-ads/targeting-tools.html

So will your ads appear twice on the same partner ad at the same time because the keyword was a duplicate ? No

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adrian,

When i searched for placements in tool for my two different ad-groups separately,  i found most of the sites are similar. My Concern is that if we run our two different ad groups display ads on same placements. Does it harm to relevancy of ad groups? As google recommends not use to use same keywords in different Ad groups under one campaign in Google Adword --Search.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish k S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;

On the display network, keywords work differently than on search;

The theme of keywords is matched with the (content) theme of the a webpage. They do not compete. Unlike the search; if you set your ad-groups properly, you can have your ads wining more than one slot on a web page. (Very useful in a Remarketing).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alot !