AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need a new gmail account for each new adwords account I want to manage in the MCC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to figure out how I can add a new client's adwords account under my MCC.

Am I correct in assuming I first need to create a new gmail account with access to the client's adwords account before I can add this to the MCC?

THis may seem obvious to old hands, but there's no specific explanantion from Google on how to do this.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Do I need a new gmail account for each new adwords account I want to manage in the MCC?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi mdg33,

If there's an existing AdWords account, you can link it without needing to create a new email address or having the client give access to an individual email address. You can simply request access to the account from your MCC by following the steps here: http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7732 ("Linking an existing AdWords account").

If you do need to create a new account, you have two options. Either you can follow the steps on the page I linked to above on 'Linking a new AdWords account' and create a new account directly from your MCC, or alternatively you can create a new account following pankaj1782's advice above!

Hope this helps!

Rhys

View solution in original post

Re: Do I need a new gmail account for each new adwords account I want to manage in the MCC?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi mdg33

Here it is:

>>Choose an entirely new username and password. We suggest picking a username and password that are different from any you've used with AdWords before.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704399

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

It depends upon you or your client. It is not necessary to create a gmail account. You can associate it with other email address also. The fact remains that you need to have a Google account. (There's difference between google account and gmail account).

You can follow the instructions of creating account using this article.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi mdg33,

If there's an existing AdWords account, you can link it without needing to create a new email address or having the client give access to an individual email address. You can simply request access to the account from your MCC by following the steps here: http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7732 ("Linking an existing AdWords account").

If you do need to create a new account, you have two options. Either you can follow the steps on the page I linked to above on 'Linking a new AdWords account' and create a new account directly from your MCC, or alternatively you can create a new account following pankaj1782's advice above!

Hope this helps!

Rhys

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I understood the question differently for using a current AdWords account for setting an MCC...

Anyway the question is answered...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not feel this has adequetly been addressed by googles adword team.

There really needs to be an easier way to link an existing adwords account (one that has been created from inside the MCC) to other google services such as : 

• gmail
  • webmaster
  • analytics

As it is now, it's not obvious how to do this. I keep looking for an option in the particular clients "My Account" menu or right clicking on the clients entry on my MCC...