Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Do Call-Only Ads Show Ad Extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Simple question - do any ad extensions show for call-only ads? I'm assuming call and sitelink extensions do not, but what about callouts, structure snippets, review, etc?

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Nate S

I don't think so. I recently setup a call only campaign and added some callout extensions.  They've gotten no impressions.  They are approved, but when I use the ad preview tool, they never serve.  I also tested various major cities with queries conducive to call only ads.  None of them have any kind of extension shown other than the call button.

I haven't found anything saying definitively  that they won't, but the format mentioned here might be read as this is all that can show: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6130299?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Nate S

I don't think so. I recently setup a call only campaign and added some callout extensions.  They've gotten no impressions.  They are approved, but when I use the ad preview tool, they never serve.  I also tested various major cities with queries conducive to call only ads.  None of them have any kind of extension shown other than the call button.

I haven't found anything saying definitively  that they won't, but the format mentioned here might be read as this is all that can show: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6130299?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not an answer, but thank you for asking this question. I've been looking everywhere for an answer and I knew someone had to have the same question. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, Call only campaign do not support other ad extensions.

But we can use the standard ads with all ad extensions and we can modify it to show only for mobile.  

It works great for me, Standard campaign with call and pricing extension targeted 100 % to mobile devices and 0% to other devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have just tried another solution to that: create a call-only campaign, then change the campaign type to All Features and reduce the desktop and tablet bid adjustment in 100%. 

Since the ads are call-only ads they are not supposed to show on desktops and tablets but to make sure it doesn't happen I reduced the bid per device.

Will keep you posted!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nate, 

Simple answer - The three ad extensions available for call-only ads are:

Location extensions
Callout extensions
Structured snippets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that is true ,the option is only another number ,it also not coming in previews ....

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved in 2016.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.