Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Distribution of Impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

I've just created an AdWords campaign, with just 4-5 managed placements for targeting. The problem is, one of the managed placements gets lots of impressions, and others get none.

What adjustment should I make to distribute impressions between all the placements more evenly?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author erdem b
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes. Like I said in the other thread - Not all websites are eligible placements. If you are accruing impressions for one placement, then the ad(s) are eligible to show. But, you may only have one eligible placement.

Tom

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Erdem,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! Serving on certain placements varies greatly based on certain factors. Some more popular sites can be harder to serve on due to the increased competition with other advertisers. If you are just starting out with AdWords and want to serve on a more popular site, you may need higher bids to get impressions. You can always adjust your bids later.

We would also suggest using responsive ads to allow your ad to serve across the Google Display Network in differing ad sizes. Some placement sites only have certain types of ad space available so it is best practice to be ready for all potential sizes.

We hope this helps you start serving on the sites you want to!

Best,

Jens

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Jens!

I use all ad sizes and also responsive ads, so I think it may not be the problem.

When I created the campaign; I didn't choose Google's the suggested placements but I pressed the "multiple placements" button to add a few websites. However, I don't know if all of those websites are in Google Display Network.

If a website that I've added in placements is not in GDN, could it be a reason why it doesn't get any impressions?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author erdem b
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes. Like I said in the other thread - Not all websites are eligible placements. If you are accruing impressions for one placement, then the ad(s) are eligible to show. But, you may only have one eligible placement.

Tom