4.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying different phone number prefixes based on location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, this is my first post, so apologies if I haven't post in the right area, or missed a relevant thread. I did try to find a solution to what I was looking for, but no luck. So here it goes:

I am currently working for a company here in Ireland. We have been using Adwords for quite some time, and I have always had the call extension displaying. However, only today did it cross my mind that the number displayed is an Irish number, using the (091) prefix, for the Galway region.

Most of our business, and those who we are targeting through AdWords are located overseas in America, Canada, etc. 

I am wondering whether Google will automatically display the phone number with the international prefix such as +0035391, or will I have to change my settings, or add it in manually.

Any help, or direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Eoghan.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eoghan G
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Is this a call extension with  a Google forwarding number?

If so, you type in your local number with the local area code  (Irelnd's  national flag  automatically shown - to indicate that the number typed in  is in Ireland.)

>>"Whenever possible, Google forwarding numbers will share the same area code or prefix number as your business. Otherwise, a local number area code or prefix for your geographic region will be used instead. In some cases, a local Google forwarding number may not be available. When this happens, your ad will show a toll-free Google forwarding number instead. Google forwarding numbers are either toll-free, equivalent to a local number, or a local number.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eoghan,

I'm not too familiar with international call extensions, however I know that in order to get the call extension approved and showing on Google ads, it needs to be the same as the phone number on your website. That's probably where Google is picking up your Galway number. 

I'd try calling Google's helpline and speaking with someone who can look directly at your account to help you further. 

Sorry I can't be of more help Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ruthy,

Thanks for your reply.

I've added the call extension from the beginning so that's not the problem, it's just whether or not it will adjust by geographical location automatically, or whether different Ad groups based solely on location need to be added. Our website doesn't sell products on it, so setting up call tracking as a conversion method is something that I am going to try out, just so I can narrow down how many enquiries are coming directly through the ads. Thanks all the same!

Eoghan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eoghan G
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Is this a call extension with  a Google forwarding number?

If so, you type in your local number with the local area code  (Irelnd's  national flag  automatically shown - to indicate that the number typed in  is in Ireland.)

>>"Whenever possible, Google forwarding numbers will share the same area code or prefix number as your business. Otherwise, a local number area code or prefix for your geographic region will be used instead. In some cases, a local Google forwarding number may not be available. When this happens, your ad will show a toll-free Google forwarding number instead. Google forwarding numbers are either toll-free, equivalent to a local number, or a local number.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’