AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display rich media ad text character limits...are there some?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I am just getting crazy....Cat Mad

I ve to renew the ad text from a rich media flash ad. But cannot access the original ad myself (as I just help out) Now I need to know maximum ad text size for display rich media, because I cannot try out. And need to know the character limits! Can you help me? As if I use a normal ad builder, it does not restrict me to the 25x35x35, can this be possible?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramona
September 2015

Re: Display rich media ad text character limits...are there some?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ramona, flash ads are not constrained text-wise, they have only dimension-related constraints (width / height) and file size constraints (50kb, if I remember correctly). So if you choose to use a 6px font you can squeeze in a whole chapter of a novel Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's just the display URL (just as the rich media ones) that has to conform to the 35 characters limit, and the destination URL has to conform to the 1024 characters limit. But the 25/35/35 combo for the headline/description line 1/description line 2 has nothing to do with rich media or image ads.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ramona, flash ads are not constrained text-wise, they have only dimension-related constraints (width / height) and file size constraints (50kb, if I remember correctly). So if you choose to use a 6px font you can squeeze in a whole chapter of a novel Smiley Happy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a million Calin. Maybe I will do so than! ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But just one more little question more..what about image display ads? Do they have the normal text restrictions? Cheers!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's just the display URL (just as the rich media ones) that has to conform to the 35 characters limit, and the destination URL has to conform to the 1024 characters limit. But the 25/35/35 combo for the headline/description line 1/description line 2 has nothing to do with rich media or image ads.