2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a writer and have a fellow writer helping me with marketing. He has advised me to do Adwords selecting the display network option, but when I log into my google Adwords account I am not given the option of display network. My only option is "your first campaign".  

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Clara Bush

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Clara B,

Welcome to Advertiser Community.

When you signup with AdWords you are welcomed with an option to create your first Search Network campaign and set up your billing.

My advice would be to go through this process and set up a dummy search campaign. Once you complete it you will land in the main AdWords interface. Now go to Campaigns tab and pause the campaign you created.

Next, click the +Campaign button and select Display Network Only to setup your Display Network campaign.

Do let us know if you have any confusion.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Clara B,

Welcome to Advertiser Community.

When you signup with AdWords you are welcomed with an option to create your first Search Network campaign and set up your billing.

My advice would be to go through this process and set up a dummy search campaign. Once you complete it you will land in the main AdWords interface. Now go to Campaigns tab and pause the campaign you created.

Next, click the +Campaign button and select Display Network Only to setup your Display Network campaign.

Do let us know if you have any confusion.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
How were you planning on targeting your desired audience with your display campaign?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Your campaign is like a war campaign waged on several fronts (that's as close an analogy that comes to mind). The display option is one front, as is the standard adwords. And when you pick 'your first campaign' it will ask if you want to wage your campaign on search engines (text ads), websites (display ads), mobile (text ads and small display ads) and/or combination of these. Your safest bet is to choose all. What may be confusing is that text ads can be purchased to run on searches, websites and mobile but full-size graphic banner ads can only run on websites.