AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display network tips for web developer client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I've been doing Adwords consulting for a while now, recently I've looked into GDN campaign - something I neglected for a while. 

I'm struggling to get a good ROI for my clients on GDN - perhaps my targeting is off and I'm targeting a mix bad of sites.

Can someone give me some tips and strategies specifically for web developer client.

I will be using remarketing, but also looking for ways to reach new customers.

Re: Display network tips for web developer client

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

By "web developer client" you mean that your client is in the "programming and designing websites business"?

GDN-tagreting can be tough, although for some business niches it´s a perfect match. I have one high-spend client who only does GDN, world-wide, with lots of conversions every day. But that´s a rare exception, and I wouldn´t expect it to work that well for a "programming and designing websites business"

But re-marketing - yes! Can definitely work, does so for most businesses in my experience. At least if well managed (you don´t want a 90 days cookie and unlimited frequency cap).

Check out the Topics and Interest categories - there are some could be a good fit for you. But be careful. Start with low bid (or high bids and than quickly lower bids when it has quick started). Use good creatives