Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display network tips for web developer client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I've been doing Adwords consulting for a while now, recently I've looked into GDN campaign - something I neglected for a while. 

I'm struggling to get a good ROI for my clients on GDN - perhaps my targeting is off and I'm targeting a mix bad of sites.

Can someone give me some tips and strategies specifically for web developer client.

I will be using remarketing, but also looking for ways to reach new customers.

Re: Display network tips for web developer client

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

By "web developer client" you mean that your client is in the "programming and designing websites business"?

GDN-tagreting can be tough, although for some business niches it´s a perfect match. I have one high-spend client who only does GDN, world-wide, with lots of conversions every day. But that´s a rare exception, and I wouldn´t expect it to work that well for a "programming and designing websites business"

But re-marketing - yes! Can definitely work, does so for most businesses in my experience. At least if well managed (you don´t want a 90 days cookie and unlimited frequency cap).

Check out the Topics and Interest categories - there are some could be a good fit for you. But be careful. Start with low bid (or high bids and than quickly lower bids when it has quick started). Use good creatives