4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display network campaign - approved, but not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I set up new campaign, for Display Network only. 

I choosed placments where I want my ads to appear and also created an ad. Ad was approved, but its not showing. 

It says: This ad is not eligible to run on the search network. Reason: We're only able to provide diagnosis information for keywords in campaigns that are opted in to the Search Network.

I dont get it, I have chosen dislpay network only so why do I need ad to be eligble for search network? 

What have I done wrong or need to change, so that my ad will be shown in placements what I chosed with display netwrok only? 

Best wishes, 
Riho 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display network campaign - approved, but not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Riho,

It's probably not something which you have done wrong. You are getting that message simply because the Ad Preview Tool is designed to provide results only for the ads targeted to Google Search. 

In order to identify whether your ad is showing on the managed placement, go to the Display Network tab>> then choose Managed Placements and hove mouse over the individual speech bubble of that placement. It will help you identify if your ad is being delivered on that particular domain or not.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I would suggest the following

1. Check the bids available for eack of the placements.

2. Check back your campaign after 24 hours

3. Custom built the tracking url and check your analytics data

4. Increase the bid to ensure visibility.

Let me know whether it worked for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hallop - were you able to figure out what the problem was? I am having the issue as well. My ad is approved, but it says:

"Ad showing now?
No
This ad is not eligible to run on the search network.
Reasons
We're only able to provide diagnosis information for keywords in campaigns that are opted in to the Search Network."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone find a solution to this? I've just build a new campaign and am having the same issue. How can it be a quality score issue if the ad has never run. Besides, the same ad gets an 8/10 quality score on a different campaign on the search network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. I imagine that there are multiple causes for this problem. But, in my case, the campaign was newly created, and after 2-3 days the ads just started running, for no apparent reason. Maybe it just took some time get started. Don't know what the delay was, but it's fine now and the ads are running.

The little popup window still says "This ad is not eligible . . ." but the ads are running just the same. An Adwords rep. told me that this is a glitch in the system that I can ignore.