Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display banner ad sizes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I just built a banner inside of Canva 300 x 250.  I downloaded it onto my desktop.  When I set up my display ad, I imported the banner from my desktop into my Adwords ad.  I got a message telling me the banner was too small.  First. how can I go back to this section in Adwords to try imported the banner again?  What is this section called?  I can't find how to get back to it to try again.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Display banner ad sizes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Carl H,

If you go to AdWords and then click on All Campaigns in the left hand column, you will see all of your campaigns that have been created. And if you click on Ads (horizontal tabs across the top of the page), you will see all of your ads that have been created. In this section, you will also see a large red box that says "+ Ad" and if you click on this and then click on Image Ad, you will be presented with the option to upload your own ad. This is where you were.

If you take a look at this info, it will help you learn more about display ads with AdWords. 

As for your error saying your ad was too small, my hunch is that you have a white background. This can cause some odd behavior with uploading image ads. Be sure to add a thin border, change the background color or something so that the system can see the full dimension of your image. 

Please give it a go again, and then let us know how we can help further. 

Kind Regards,

James

Display banner ad sizes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for you reply.  I appreciate the attention.