Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display advertising beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I setup display  campaigns with custom image ads, I got close to 500 clicks and I have two questions.

Some ads are performing better than others with the same BID and TARGETING and LANDING PAGE. the only thing different is the ad uploaded and its size, why is this happening?

Also, how can i see where my ad was placed when each click was happening? I saw the possibility to create a "discovery display campaign" and then filter placement websites based on the results of that campaign but where can i see those websites?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hassan H
August 2016

Re: Display advertising beginner

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Hassan,
1. Not every size of inventory (Banner ) is available on every website and you will find out that some banner sizes get more click and the reason is simply because there are more placements available for these banner sizes.
2. Placement report (https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2769602?hl=en) should be able to help you with data about where your ad was placed.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hassan H
August 2016

Re: Display advertising beginner

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Hassan,
1. Not every size of inventory (Banner ) is available on every website and you will find out that some banner sizes get more click and the reason is simply because there are more placements available for these banner sizes.
2. Placement report (https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2769602?hl=en) should be able to help you with data about where your ad was placed.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog