2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads on youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi my goal is to gain more traffic to the web site. I want to run advertisement only on Youtube and use banner ads. My target audience is Ukraine and Lithuania. I was looking for the option to make banner advertisement (display ads) only for youtube from adwords but could not find this option in control panel. I have only found video ads, that is not appropriate in my case, because i need CPC advertisement and not impressions. Can you please  explain how to place a banner only on youtube through adwords and be charged for clicks. Here is what i have tried: I have created campaign in "display network only" category, than started to create an ad and in targeting i choese "Use a different targeting method" and than "Placements". In the appropriate field i have typed youtube, but had no results. Also what average bid for CPC would you suggest for this two regions (Ukraine and Lithuania), the segment is wide age from 18 and up. With best regards Maia

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maia O
September 2015

Re: Display ads on youtube

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Maia,

If you've reached the placements tab, you'll have to type in a url to be added as a placement.

If you'd like your ads to be shown on relevant placements within YouTube, I'd suggest adding Display keywords with 'Target and Bid' option and adding www.youtube.com as a placement, with Bid only option.

Here's an example from the help center:

If you want to show on sites based on your keywords, but you think that your potential customers visit two specific websites, you could add travel-example.com and luxurytravelexample.com as placements, and select "Bid only." Then, you could set a bid on those placements to increase your chances of showing there when your keywords match those placements.

Here's the help center link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Not sure about the required bid, as it is based on a number of factors, including the business vertical.

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You're welcome Maia!
Sometimes, YouTube may not show up in the search results within the Placement tool. You can use the 'Add multiple placements' option as shown in the screen grab. Be sure to select 'Bid only' for placements, as keywords would be the primary targeting criteria. You might also want to split the campaign (one for Ukraine and another for Lithuania) to avoid budget being eaten up by one location.

Best,

Sumanth
YouTube Placement.png

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Maia,

If you've reached the placements tab, you'll have to type in a url to be added as a placement.

If you'd like your ads to be shown on relevant placements within YouTube, I'd suggest adding Display keywords with 'Target and Bid' option and adding www.youtube.com as a placement, with Bid only option.

Here's an example from the help center:

If you want to show on sites based on your keywords, but you think that your potential customers visit two specific websites, you could add travel-example.com and luxurytravelexample.com as placements, and select "Bid only." Then, you could set a bid on those placements to increase your chances of showing there when your keywords match those placements.

Here's the help center link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Not sure about the required bid, as it is based on a number of factors, including the business vertical.

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for an answer, I have entered URL to the placements search, but still it did not find youtube. there are several places called "Anonymous" with a big reach range. I have a suspicion that this is youtube channel but i am not sure (see attached picture, I have chosen Ukraine as a target segment). Can you please send me a print screen of how you have found youtube from your adwords account. Capture.JPG  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You're welcome Maia!
Sometimes, YouTube may not show up in the search results within the Placement tool. You can use the 'Add multiple placements' option as shown in the screen grab. Be sure to select 'Bid only' for placements, as keywords would be the primary targeting criteria. You might also want to split the campaign (one for Ukraine and another for Lithuania) to avoid budget being eaten up by one location.

Best,

Sumanth
YouTube Placement.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth i want the same can u help me also.<br>I want to advertise my website product only on youtube image ads (side ads and overlay ads )to like mumbaii , delhi , chennai viewers.Can u plz. tell me how can i do that and set target audience and bid price ?<br><br>p.s Is it allow for the experts here to do campaigns for the needers if they r paying money ?