AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads for retargeting - images don't appear (no feed items?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a Google display ad (retargeting) using an Adwords template, but it isn't pulling in images from my product.

This is the message in the ad creation area: "No feed items available for preview. You can still save your ads now and check your feed later. Your ads will not appear until you have items in your feed."

It's my first time doing a display ad / retargeting, so I must be doing something wrong with the upload but can't figure out what I'm missing. Any ideas?

For context:

The product is successfully uploaded to my Merchant Center, and the images are displaying fine in the Google Shopping results.

I've added the items (1 product but three colour variations, so 3 IDs)  in the "Auto Targets" tab for the ad group, and the destination URL for the ad matches the product URL.

Anyone know what I've missed?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Display ads for retargeting - images don't appear (no feed items?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just checked this morning, and it seems like my ads have started working! I don't know if the same will be true for Leanne, but I had to wait about a week before my Google Merchant Center data feed registered. So, you may just need to give it some more time.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your post! 

Can you make sure you have followed the steps in the article here (scroll down to see steps 1 - 3)? 

Maybe just double-check that you have linked your campaign to the correct Merchant Center account? If you created the campaign recently, there could be a delay with the system pulling through the product information.  Or did you add any product filters? They could be causing an issue. 

Any other suggestions from the Community? Has anyone ever encountered this before? 

Thanks! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same issue with my dynamic remarketing ad. Everything seems to be set up properly (I followed the article you linked to, Rachel), but I'm getting the same warning about no feed items being available for preview. The products that I have on my Merchant Center account have been there for several days now, so I doubt that it's a problem with syncing delay.

The campaign has the right Merchant Center account linked and there are no product filters. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks,
Evan

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Thanks for your message Evan.

- Leanne, have you been able to upload ads since you posted? Did you try anything different that helped (i.e. different ad template, different campaign setting...)?

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Leanne & Evan,

Have you guys made sure that you have provided the correct image url's in your product feed for each of the products?

I'm sure you guys are aware that we need to provide an image url for each of the products targeted via the feed. If not, I suggest you update your feed with this field by using url's from your website for each product and then try running the campaign.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just checked this morning, and it seems like my ads have started working! I don't know if the same will be true for Leanne, but I had to wait about a week before my Google Merchant Center data feed registered. So, you may just need to give it some more time.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Great news Evan - glad it has been sorted. Hope the same goes for Leanne! 

Display ads for retargeting - images don't appear (no feed items?)

MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
MDM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Once my remarketing feed is uploaded...

Where can I preview my Ads to make sure content is showing properly & images are showing