AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What does it mean that Google Keywords was not accepted because of "Display URLs" violation?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Display URLs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi vintagelace,

That could mean a couple things. First thing to check is excess capitalisation. You can use initial caps at the beginning of words, but you can not use all caps. Examply from my account:

Good:  AstronautCentral.com/Autographs

Bad:    AstronautCentral.com/AUTOGRAPHS

Even if the URL is case-sensitive, the all caps is not allowed. The display URL is not required to be a reachable page (but I prefer that it is).

Second thing to look at is the display URL. The domain of the display URL must match the actual destination after all redirects. Type your destination URL into the address bar of your browser. If the domain shown in the address bar after navigtating to your destination does not match the domain of the display URL, you will need to change the display URL of your ad to match.

Let us know how it goes.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear vintagelace,

Welcome to the community!

Your keywords may not adhere to the AdWords display URLs policies. Please go thorugh this and follow the editorial guidelines.
 http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175906

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi vintagelace,

That could mean a couple things. First thing to check is excess capitalisation. You can use initial caps at the beginning of words, but you can not use all caps. Examply from my account:

Good:  AstronautCentral.com/Autographs

Bad:    AstronautCentral.com/AUTOGRAPHS

Even if the URL is case-sensitive, the all caps is not allowed. The display URL is not required to be a reachable page (but I prefer that it is).

Second thing to look at is the display URL. The domain of the display URL must match the actual destination after all redirects. Type your destination URL into the address bar of your browser. If the domain shown in the address bar after navigtating to your destination does not match the domain of the display URL, you will need to change the display URL of your ad to match.

Let us know how it goes.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords