AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created a new separate campaign for display network only and under Networks tab I have only selected "Broad Reach".
After that I have created new ad group and added 12 keyword with high searches. In ads tab I have uploaded 3 images ads with different sizes. My bid is also higher than text ads but I am not getting any single impression.

Is there anything else which I need to set like setting in Audiences tab or Network tab?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Display Network issue.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Muas,

There's lot more you can do with Display Network Smiley Happy

I have few questions for you:-

What is the current statius of your image ads? Are they approved or under review?

When did you actually create them?

Do you have text ads and image ads running all within the same ad group?

Are you running a single ad group with 12 keywords as you mentioned above?

Please note that image ads take some time before thay are approved as they tend to run on Google Display Network which comprises of lots of partner websites in its network.

If you are only running a single ad group, then certainly you are missing the broad reach of Google Display network.

Use the Contextual Targeting Tool to generate more theme based ad groups along with new keywords so that your ads reach the large set of audiences.

I would suggest you to separate the image ads from text ads because if they are within the same ad group, chances are that image ads will rarely get to show because of their bigger size and hence stronger competition as compared to standard text ads. 

As one of the best practice, use all the image ad formats to display them on Google Display Network.

Audienc tab is meant for advanced Display Network strategies which comprises of Remarketing. You can read more about it here.

My advice would be that once you get started with Display Network and get the hands on experience, then you can dig further in detailed optimization of this.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Muas,

As I said in my prior post, firstly image ads take time to get approval and then slowly they start gethering impressions in your ad groups.

I am glad that your ads have started accumulating the impressions Smiley Happy 

I think you need to wait once your ads started getting clicks and other relevant data.

Once you have enough data, then watch for the placements where actually Google is automatically targeting your ads. Are they relevant or irrelevant? Once you check the placements, start optimizing your campaign by including the irrelevant domains as Exclusions and you might include the relevant ones under managed and you can also increase the bid on specific domains so that your image ad wins more of the auction spaces and more relevant users start visiting your website.

Give sometime to the campaign so that your ads get enough of the exposure on Google Display Network. Then based on the analysis you can further work strategically like creating a separate Managed Placements Campaign where you can only choose the placements where you want Google to target ads.

You can also go for Remarketing Campaign as it is one of excellent ways to re-target your users who showed interest but didn't convert.

You can also choose the Topics wherein different categories are available and based on your service/product, you can select them and Google will target those areas too.

Wish you success!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Muas,

There's lot more you can do with Display Network Smiley Happy

I have few questions for you:-

What is the current statius of your image ads? Are they approved or under review?

When did you actually create them?

Do you have text ads and image ads running all within the same ad group?

Are you running a single ad group with 12 keywords as you mentioned above?

Please note that image ads take some time before thay are approved as they tend to run on Google Display Network which comprises of lots of partner websites in its network.

If you are only running a single ad group, then certainly you are missing the broad reach of Google Display network.

Use the Contextual Targeting Tool to generate more theme based ad groups along with new keywords so that your ads reach the large set of audiences.

I would suggest you to separate the image ads from text ads because if they are within the same ad group, chances are that image ads will rarely get to show because of their bigger size and hence stronger competition as compared to standard text ads. 

As one of the best practice, use all the image ad formats to display them on Google Display Network.

Audienc tab is meant for advanced Display Network strategies which comprises of Remarketing. You can read more about it here.

My advice would be that once you get started with Display Network and get the hands on experience, then you can dig further in detailed optimization of this.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Muas;

To summarize Pankaj's answer in one short sentence; something is  wrong with your settings. That shouldn't be .

I'll start with one of the questions of Pankaj - to try to "pinpoint" the problem: Are all your ads within the standard and have been approved?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj for your interest.

All ads are approve.
I have created new campaign 35 hours ago.
I have created new campaign in which I am only targeting display network ads. There is no text ad in this campaign.
I got a group of keywords from Contextual Targeting Tool which I am using in one ad group.

As I mentioned before, my Network setting is Broad reach and I have just pause all keywords, Now I have seen some impression against my ads.

I think; I should wait for a day before making any other changes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Yes all my ads are approved. 

Please read my answer to Pankaj.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Muas,

As I said in my prior post, firstly image ads take time to get approval and then slowly they start gethering impressions in your ad groups.

I am glad that your ads have started accumulating the impressions Smiley Happy 

I think you need to wait once your ads started getting clicks and other relevant data.

Once you have enough data, then watch for the placements where actually Google is automatically targeting your ads. Are they relevant or irrelevant? Once you check the placements, start optimizing your campaign by including the irrelevant domains as Exclusions and you might include the relevant ones under managed and you can also increase the bid on specific domains so that your image ad wins more of the auction spaces and more relevant users start visiting your website.

Give sometime to the campaign so that your ads get enough of the exposure on Google Display Network. Then based on the analysis you can further work strategically like creating a separate Managed Placements Campaign where you can only choose the placements where you want Google to target ads.

You can also go for Remarketing Campaign as it is one of excellent ways to re-target your users who showed interest but didn't convert.

You can also choose the Topics wherein different categories are available and based on your service/product, you can select them and Google will target those areas too.

Wish you success!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You are most welcome Muas and feel free to visit the Community for your Adwords queries and we all will be happy to answer them Smiley Happy