AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network bid auto how to set manually?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am looking to set up my first campain in Google Adwords..

I have selected search and display network. Also created a campaign along with one text ad and image ads.

Can anyone let me know how can I set bid for impression manually?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Display Network bid auto how to set manually?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Mansoor,

If you have selected Search network with Display network campaign type your bidding option will be automated. If you need to set bids manually you need to go on a seperate campaign for DisplayNetwork.

Clikc here to find how to do it.

However according to the last bit of your post i think you intended to bid for impressions? Then you need to choose Cost per thousand impression bidding option.

Let me know if you need more help on this Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mansoor

I don't think that setting manual bids for impressions i.e. CPM is available for the campaign type that you have selected. Read the adwords help for more:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en

I also suggest that you make different campaigns for both search and display network in order to have better control.

Just an suggestion!

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Mansoor,

If you have selected Search network with Display network campaign type your bidding option will be automated. If you need to set bids manually you need to go on a seperate campaign for DisplayNetwork.

Clikc here to find how to do it.

However according to the last bit of your post i think you intended to bid for impressions? Then you need to choose Cost per thousand impression bidding option.

Let me know if you need more help on this Smiley Happy