AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network - This ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try later.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an ad group specifically for display ads to run on certain urls. The ads are approved and I can't figure out why they're not displaying. I have no keywords attached and selected "target and bid" when selecting the placement. Everything seems to be fine. But when I hover over the status (managed) I see "this ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try later.

I guess it could be that I need to raise my max CPC, but I'm not sure.

• Under settings I have "Search Network with Display Select - All features" selected.
  • Also under settings I have for networks "Google search; Search partners; Display Network"

Does anyone have advice on what to check that I might have missed? My other ad groups (non-placement, just keywords) are working fine. Thanks in advance. I can provide additional screenshots if that would help.

1468436986077screencapture.pngUntitled.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Network - This ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try later.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@DJ P;

The most common  case of this error message on the display network (and I assume also on SDS) is either you don't have banners in all sizes or you bid too low.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Display Network - This ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try later.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Were these managed placements added as former automatic placements, and you know ads can serve ads on them?

If so, then it looks like your targeting may be far too restricted. Add all ad types and sizes, devices, positions, etc. and see if you can begin to accrue some impressions. Then go through your data and see what is working and what is not.

If you want to dedicate budget and focus your strategy on managed placements for display networks, then create a dedicated display only campaign. Then you can use all the features and tools at your disposal to experiment with managed placements/display, without risking anything that is working in your search campaign.
Tom