4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to adwords.  Created a ad that targets two zip codes.  Some of the search terms indicated coming from different locations.  

How do I know that the ads are just being displayed in two zip codes.  Trust?  

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Re: Display Network Targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey,

I would recommend looking at the User Locations report which is found in the Dimensions tab of the AdWords interface. There isn't a column explicitly for zip code however the "Most specific location" column is frequently populated with the zip code. Regardless, by reviewing the "Most specific location" and "City" columns you should be able to determine if your ads are showing in your intended locations.

On a related note, I would recommend reviewing your campaign location targeting settings. The setting is to show ads to people in, searching for, and who show interest in your targeted locations. This means that you can show ads to people who aren't physically located in your targeted zip codes.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Re: Display Network Targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey,

I would recommend looking at the User Locations report which is found in the Dimensions tab of the AdWords interface. There isn't a column explicitly for zip code however the "Most specific location" column is frequently populated with the zip code. Regardless, by reviewing the "Most specific location" and "City" columns you should be able to determine if your ads are showing in your intended locations.

On a related note, I would recommend reviewing your campaign location targeting settings. The setting is to show ads to people in, searching for, and who show interest in your targeted locations. This means that you can show ads to people who aren't physically located in your targeted zip codes.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.