star_border

Display Network Keyword Targeting

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I have an easy question.

When targeting the Display Network via Keywords

i dont find any option to set a keyword to e.g. Phrase Match or Broad Match etc. 

I assume there is no such option in Display and all keywords are condidered Broad Match targeting right ?

I think i read it somewhere in the "manual" but i want to be sure .

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Network Keyword Targeting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi gege,

You are right in Display Network all keywords are considered broad match only. This means that you don't need to include plurals, misspellings, and other variants of your keywords.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497680?hl=en

Cheers,
Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi George,

That is correct, there is no match type in a display campaign. The keywords are considered in a group to build a theme. Click will be attributed to the keyword that "had the most influence". It's not an exact science.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi gege,

You are right in Display Network all keywords are considered broad match only. This means that you don't need to include plurals, misspellings, and other variants of your keywords.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497680?hl=en

Cheers,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi George,

That is correct, there is no match type in a display campaign. The keywords are considered in a group to build a theme. Click will be attributed to the keyword that "had the most influence". It's not an exact science.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Google uses the keywords you select in display campaigns to match with site content... they are looking to place your ads on pages where people interested in your product or service - as you describe through your keywords, are likely to be browsing...

it is much more general than the search network keyword matching. Once you have some traffic data you should focus on the placements that are giving you the best results and move them into a managed placement campaign where you can bid more aggressively without opening the door to all and any placements....