AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Keywords: Do phrase and exact match types exist in the Display Network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Community,

I am using keywords for my campaigns in the Display Network. I was wondering if Display Keywords have the broad, phrase and exact match types that regular Search Keywords do. I can't find the way to select the keyword match type anywhere in the interface, but I do see the option when I use Adwords Editor.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Shreyans 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Re: Display Keywords: Do phrase and exact match types exist in the Display Network?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shreyans,

There are no match types in the Display campaigns. By using keywords in the display network, you are matching a theme of keywords with the content of the page and keywords are considered broad match only. But you can use negative keywords to control the contextual targeting.

Hope that answers your question. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Re: Display Keywords: Do phrase and exact match types exist in the Display Network?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shreyans,

There are no match types in the Display campaigns. By using keywords in the display network, you are matching a theme of keywords with the content of the page and keywords are considered broad match only. But you can use negative keywords to control the contextual targeting.

Hope that answers your question. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Zlatomira! That answers my question.