Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Campaign Targeting Help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I am launching a campaign for recruitment. I need some valuable assistance in tageting.

This is a Display Campaign for specific location, say New York. So what should be the right targeting methods?

I thought to combine

1- Topic+targeting,. Now, suppose there is a vanacy in say..accounts, so ideally I should input "Accounts executive Jobs in New York" in Display planner to see feasible placements and suggested Topics by Adwords. Am I thinking right? If Yes, how many placements and topics should I go with?

2- In case I choose Keywords as my targeting preference, I should all the keywords which are good in terms of 'relevance' bar in Available network inventory box in Display Planner. Am I right?

Please help in getting the basics right. Hope I am a learned person now.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime Test (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Display Campaign Targeting Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

My favorite targeting methods,  in your case, would be keywords which will set the general theme - (e.g accounting, senior accountants, KPMG, E&Y Deloitte... Financial reporting...) and placements  - a list of websites and blogs known to be visited by job seekers. (Any recruiting firm would give you a list of the 20 most popular sites among job seekers...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>>"Wouldn't be good if I see what blogs/job sites are showing up on the search network and then add these sites placements in Display Campaign's Placement targeting list?

Yes; and recruiting firms /HR professionals could give you a list of a few more sites  - popular among job seekers. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime Test (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

My favorite targeting methods,  in your case, would be keywords which will set the general theme - (e.g accounting, senior accountants, KPMG, E&Y Deloitte... Financial reporting...) and placements  - a list of websites and blogs known to be visited by job seekers. (Any recruiting firm would give you a list of the 20 most popular sites among job seekers...)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Moshe,

Thanks a lot for your insight. As you talked about placements, should I rely on Adwords-suggested placements only? Why am I asking this because as I search say, Account Executive jobs in NY, I see totally different websites which are not in the list of Adwords=suggested placements.

Wouldn't be good if I see what blogs/job sites are showing up on the search network and then add these sites placements in Display Campaign's Placement targeting list?

This stems from the fact that job-search campaign should ideally be a Search=based campaign but because keywords are costly, I preferred Display campaign to go with.

Thanks,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>>"Wouldn't be good if I see what blogs/job sites are showing up on the search network and then add these sites placements in Display Campaign's Placement targeting list?

Yes; and recruiting firms /HR professionals could give you a list of a few more sites  - popular among job seekers.