AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Ad showing the wrong ad creatives on preview mode! (wrong language)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone,

I'm running some display campaigns for different targets based on language. To do so my design team and I have created different versions of the graphics and text copy for the different apps stores based by countries/languages.

My doubt starts when I click on the preview button of the desired ad, as follows:

ad_preview_ad_.jpg

As you can see the AdWords interface is in Spanish and the ad copy as well, however the ad image (art/graphics) is showing the English version of the app store description and also the main message of the product is not in Spanish

Always that we've created different version of ad creatives (graphically).... when trying to look at the preview of this ad, I can't see the desired graphics considering that is targeted for an audience that talks a different language.

Then I'm not sure if this is also happening when the add is live and I'm worry about if the targeted audience is looking ad the wrong ad creatives (graphically speaking)...

Any thoughts about how to discard any potential issues and make sure that everything is working properly? (Right visual elements to the right audience)

Thanks in advance!

Luis Enrique

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Ad showing the wrong ad creatives on preview mode! (wrong language)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are you sure that you have set the language targeting correctly?
It looks that you need to set a separate campaign per language targeted
Read this article;
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/AdWords-Language-Targeting/ba-p/51292
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @MosheTLV

I just read your article and reviewed the settings of my campaign (again)., everything seems to work properly.

Also I'd like to focus in the visual element (art/image of the display ad), which I suppose is pulled from the app stores. Within the app stores we've configured for each version/language of the app store; therefore, the preview ad should be showing the graphics in Spanish, but that's not the case so far...

Any other suggestion to realize why the preview shows graphics in the wrong language?

language_target.pnglanguage targeting on campaign

Regards

Luis Enrique

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
What type of display campaign are you running?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello @MosheTLV

It's an mobile app install campaign, using only display ads.

Regards
Luis

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Not sure how you got those images: Did you upload your own graphic as explained here?

"Image app install ads are created by uploading an image and filling in your text to create a custom app install ad using your own eye-catching graphics. These are unique to Display Network app install campaigns."
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309957

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @MosheTLV

I've read the guidelines article and have to say that to run the add I'm just using the app ID to pull the graphics (cards?)

Additionally, it's relevant to say the we have different versions of the app store landing page already in place, that supposedly is chosen by Google based on the localization of the visitors (based on their language).

I'm assuming that Google is capable of choosing the right app store version to the users that click on the ads and also to pull the right graphics when serving the ads to potential users (that's basically the main doubt)

Next, you can see how the ad is currently setup:

add_setup_exp.jpg

Regards!

Luis

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Luis E;

I have difficulties -with the language; 

You should be able to upload your own image - not the one selected by Google - Were you successful?