AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Ad Builder can you turn off flash animation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I used the Display Ad builder and several new image ads, but I would like to turn off the animation so they are just images like jpgs or gifs. Is there setting to make the images static, that way they won't be Flash Blocked by the audience.

I do realize I can just screen caputer each indiviual image and reload them as jpgs but I would like to save time and just turn off the animation/flash

- Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt G
September 2015

Re: Display Ad Builder can you turn off flash animation?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Matt,

I have checked and there is no such option, you have to make a screen capture to upload new Images as Ads.

You should know that now the creation of automated banners ( with the link "Image Ad" or "Ad Gallery" ) includes variants of HTML5 compatible banners in 7 sizes and these work on mobiles and are not blocked by turning off Flash in browsers.

I would advise to click the "Image Ad" option to create new ads and when you arrive at the point when you "Preview and Save" simply tick off all the Flash banner variants to create only the HTML5 variants.

Let me know if you need step by step instructions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt G
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Matt,

I have checked and there is no such option, you have to make a screen capture to upload new Images as Ads.

You should know that now the creation of automated banners ( with the link "Image Ad" or "Ad Gallery" ) includes variants of HTML5 compatible banners in 7 sizes and these work on mobiles and are not blocked by turning off Flash in browsers.

I would advise to click the "Image Ad" option to create new ads and when you arrive at the point when you "Preview and Save" simply tick off all the Flash banner variants to create only the HTML5 variants.

Let me know if you need step by step instructions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup, That works when recreating the ad I got HTML5 versions. After, I recreated the ad I deleted the flash variations and updated one of the description fields and Saved the Image again and was left with just the HTML 5 versions. This should be a good way for me to get better metrics off the ads since I will know for sure that the audience will see them across all devices. I currently block Flash content with "Flash Block" Chrome Extension.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

But i think you are limiting your impression still, Because some website may be accepting particular SIZE, And you may not be having that SIZE in your five ads