4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Display Ad Builder - Centering Text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating image ads in Ad Builder I am unable to center the text within the given text box.

It only allows me to leave the text aligned left. 

Is there a way to format the text boxes to be centered? 

Re: Display Ad Builder - Centering Text

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Not really, the display ad builder needs a lot of work in my opinion. Have you tried building the ad yourself with Flash and AS3? That would give you more control over the appearance of your ads and also give you more branding options.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

As leatherlidinser says, the DAB needs a bit of work to get more professional looking image ads created but I think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

There is one way you can try to sort this out. If you use a blank template you are able to add new content into it. You can add up to 4 text areas (there is one already in it so 5 in total) so you might be able to use miltiple text areas to create a feel of centering.

Might be worth a shot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears some of the automatically created ads have the text centered. It's maybe just a matter of finding one and editing it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But we should as the designer of the ads, be able to control the text alignment. We should not be at the mercy of try to create to match a template

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Problem is that some formats within an ad set look better centered, others look better justified. I want my tall, vertical ads to have centered text & the short, horizontal ones to have justified text. I'll try the blank template like suggested above but wish I could keep updating the ads I've used for a couple of years.