AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ads and account suspension.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was new to adwords (not any more, I've been suspended before I even start)

I put up an ad that was disallowed ( for some unknown reason)

I tried making changes so it was acceptable to Google. It was disallowed again then I find my account has been suspended.

When I contacted Google Help (Rutika The Google AdWords Welcome Team) I was told to refer to their policies. I did this before I made the original changes and I checked again but couldn't see which particular policy I had breached so I again contacted Rutika and asked what I had done wrong and how I could fix it. I explained that her previous email didn't help as it didn't address which policy I had breached.

I then got a reply telling me that they couldn't (or wouldn't) give me any more information and referring me back to their policies and then telling me that they'd accept no more ads from me.

I'm extremely disappointed in Googles lack of help and support for a new advertiser. The least they could have done was explained which policy I had breached and given me the opportunity to rectify any problems. Not Happy !!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Disapproved ads and account suspension.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EP,

First, I'm sorry about your experience so far with Adwords and I understand your frustration, you're not alone.

While there are no guarantees that anyone here can help you get your account back on track.  There are some scenarios where folks here have been able to help identify certain policy violations for advertisers and also help resolve them. 

I should also mention that there are certain suspensions that are irreversible.

If you would care to share your website/landing page and even the ads in question, I'm sure that you will be able to get some feedback.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Disapproved ads and account suspension.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EP,

First, I'm sorry about your experience so far with Adwords and I understand your frustration, you're not alone.

While there are no guarantees that anyone here can help you get your account back on track.  There are some scenarios where folks here have been able to help identify certain policy violations for advertisers and also help resolve them. 

I should also mention that there are certain suspensions that are irreversible.

If you would care to share your website/landing page and even the ads in question, I'm sure that you will be able to get some feedback.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’