Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Disable Mobile Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Adj. mobile bid with -21% but still I can get clicks from mobile. Any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

mobile device.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil Guleria
September 2015

Re: Disable Mobile Clicks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Set adjustment at "decrease 100%" and it will become minus 100% thus no visits from mobiles.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil Guleria
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Set adjustment at "decrease 100%" and it will become minus 100% thus no visits from mobiles.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anil, as Adrian has said, a Bid Adjustment of -100% will effectively turn off mobile impressions.

However, I would ask that you think carefully before you do this.  Research has proven that mobile devices are becoming very important in the path to conversion; many people are now using their mobile devices to research purchases before completing a sale on another device such as a desktop.  Your own screenshot shows that your CTR for mobile devices is way higher than it is for desktops or tablets and your CPC a lot lower than desktops.  

I would strongly suggest you take a look at the data available in the new Estimated Conversions columns to get an idea of how many conversions for your Account actually start with a mobile device.  By disabling these impressions you could do your Account a lot more harm than good.

More about Estimated Conversions

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Cobnut has made an excelent point. Besides that , I think your CTR for computers is too low at 0.32 % . It could be the case that you are runing a Search campaign with Search partners. Please go to the Segment button in the Keywords tab and select "network" to view exactly how much conversions you are getting from search partners , and if it is a non- profitable situation you can disable Partners and leave simple Search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Cobnut

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian