AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Disable Mobile Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Adj. mobile bid with -21% but still I can get clicks from mobile. Any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

mobile device.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil Guleria
September 2015

Re: Disable Mobile Clicks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Set adjustment at "decrease 100%" and it will become minus 100% thus no visits from mobiles.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil Guleria
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Set adjustment at "decrease 100%" and it will become minus 100% thus no visits from mobiles.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anil, as Adrian has said, a Bid Adjustment of -100% will effectively turn off mobile impressions.

However, I would ask that you think carefully before you do this.  Research has proven that mobile devices are becoming very important in the path to conversion; many people are now using their mobile devices to research purchases before completing a sale on another device such as a desktop.  Your own screenshot shows that your CTR for mobile devices is way higher than it is for desktops or tablets and your CPC a lot lower than desktops.  

I would strongly suggest you take a look at the data available in the new Estimated Conversions columns to get an idea of how many conversions for your Account actually start with a mobile device.  By disabling these impressions you could do your Account a lot more harm than good.

More about Estimated Conversions

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Cobnut has made an excelent point. Besides that , I think your CTR for computers is too low at 0.32 % . It could be the case that you are runing a Search campaign with Search partners. Please go to the Segment button in the Keywords tab and select "network" to view exactly how much conversions you are getting from search partners , and if it is a non- profitable situation you can disable Partners and leave simple Search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Cobnut

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian