AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Direct Link problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm using the Adwords first time. So it may be the very basic question.

I don't want to know what to put in the "Direct Link".

Attached ScreenShot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyfwp5j5npfhqsh/WhatToPutInDirectLink.PNG?dl=0

I have tried putting my playStore link ( play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandstargames.learnmath)

but my ad is rejected 2 time. So It will be really helpful if you suggest me or tell me what to put that in that field, because I don't wanna lost my account in which I had invest some of my money.

Please Help Meeeeeee

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sand Star G
October 2015

Re: Direct Link problem

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

If you created a Display Network only campaign, with the type "Mobile app installs," the system should actually generate the link to your ad for you. During campaign creation, you're asked to search for the app you're promoting, and the system will pull in the link information. Can you navigate to the Settings > All Settings area in your campaign and confirm that the campaign type says "Display Network only - Mobile app installs"?

Regarding your second question, there is not a way to target with keywords on this campaign type--you can use placements, interests & remarketing, or demographic targeting.

Please take a look at the page here about this campaign type--if you accidentally created the wrong campaign type, that could explain the confusion!

Cassie

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Take a quick look at this guide on deep links as you'll want to format the link more like this (you'll see a similar example in the direct link box of the screenshot your provided): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6046977

Does this help?
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the reply.

But I have the problem

I can't deep link my add. Neither I want to do that. I just want to open the google play store link so that user can download my add.

I made this app in a game engine for deep linking I have to do that native which I dont know ... so is there any type of other thing I can do

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Okay so a follow-up question, what kind of campaign are you trying to create so that we can take a look at the landing page requirements?

Thanks!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have "Display Network only" . I had already created, invested money , I think there is only one problem occurring i.e. Direct link.
After this problem I want to ask you one more thing that do you know where to add 'keywords' ? (it is not important question first one is more important).

Thanks a lot for helping me out Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sand Star G
October 2015

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

If you created a Display Network only campaign, with the type "Mobile app installs," the system should actually generate the link to your ad for you. During campaign creation, you're asked to search for the app you're promoting, and the system will pull in the link information. Can you navigate to the Settings > All Settings area in your campaign and confirm that the campaign type says "Display Network only - Mobile app installs"?

Regarding your second question, there is not a way to target with keywords on this campaign type--you can use placements, interests & remarketing, or demographic targeting.

Please take a look at the page here about this campaign type--if you accidentally created the wrong campaign type, that could explain the confusion!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for reply.
Yes I think the ad category was wrong thats why I was getting this direct link problem..
With new campaign mobile app install. I successfully created a new campaign.

Thanks

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Awesome! I'm glad you got it solved.

Cassie