AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dimensions Statistics - Updates?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I was wondering how often is the "Dimensions" tab statistics updated? 

I can see that I have clicks coming in from keywords on my campaign but when I go to view data on the "Dimensions" tab nothing shows up.

Thank you,

olimits7

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Dimensions Statistics - Updates?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

As RBall said, click and impressions are updated almost instantly (I think on an hourly basis - or 30 min. basis ), But reports are generated in 24 hrs delay!

I once read a Google post on that . I'll find it, and post

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Olimits7,

Which dimensions are you looking at and what kind of statistics are you seeing in your campaigns/adgroup reporting that is not showing up in the dimensions tab? 

My initial thought is to make sure your date ranges are matched up but I'm not positive that is going to help you out at all.

I'll give it a shot to help you out here.  I know some info is delayed but it shouldn't be very long.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tom,

I'm trying to look at "Geographic" and "Search terms" for "This week (Sun - Today)" but I'm guessing these stats still haven't populated.  It seems to work fine for "All time"; so I guess I'll give it a day to see if it populates by tomorrow.

Thanks,

olimits7

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Oilmits7,

I just checked in on a smaller campaign, it has abuout 1000 search impressions for the same sun - today time range.  I cannot see data for the last couple days in this manner either, but if I extend to a week, I start to see the stats.  My guess would be that we're seeing a result of 'not enough data' or some sort of delayed reporting.

Extend the custom date range one day at a time, you'll figure out how far behind you are.  Then you can monitor for a few days to see how much data becomes available each day.

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi again,

This morning (well for me its morning), I have another day added on to my reporting...at this point, it looks to me like there is a couple of day delay on some of the dimensions reporting, I just don't have the resources to confirm anything.

-Tom

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Things can always change with AdWords, but I think the way it works right now is that all reporting statistics are generated once a day at a certain time.  Based on when that occurs, the results might be different for different timezones, but I think a good rule of thumb is to only expect data to be compiled starting the day before yesterday.  IOW, if you use a date range of last 7 days, you'll only have 6 days of data.  You'll notice this with important data like search term reports.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

As RBall said, click and impressions are updated almost instantly (I think on an hourly basis - or 30 min. basis ), But reports are generated in 24 hrs delay!

I once read a Google post on that . I'll find it, and post

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’