star_border

Different numbers in Adwords conversion and OpenCart orders

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys!

Hope you’re doing well

Actually I have a problem with my Adwords Ads for our online store. My Adwords account shows I have 100 conversions while my online shop using OpenCart (v 1.5.5.1) shows just 20 orders today. I have no idea what exactly happens here. It happens every day and AdWords shows more conversions in compare with our OpenCart system which shows way less than this number. What would be the source of problem? Is problem arising from Adwords system, Adwords conversion tracking code, OpenCart System or what?!

It’s good to say that we just have one conversion tracking code(for Purchasing) which has been installed on checkout page. Some of our customers use POD (pay on delivery) system so we receive the money with a little delay and cannot track the right ROI on our AdWords costs.

Any suggestions?

Have you had these kind of problem before?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nariman H
September 2015

Re: different numbers in Adwords conversion and OpenCart orders

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nariman H,

Welcome to the community. I would like to ask you some question to understand the issue

1.Are you looking at one-per-click or many-per-click conversions? One-per-click is unique conversion where many-per-click is aggregate.

2.Are you using the same conversion code in other pages like "contact us" confirmation pages or Are there any other pages that lead to the same confirmation page where you have installed the conversion code? just my thought as this doesn't happen usually but it is possible that people are visiting that confirmation page one way or another.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Hariman,

From what I understand, AdWords is recording more conversions (one-per-click) as compared to OpenCart. I am not aware of how an OpenCart code functions so I won't comment on that.

For the AdWords conversion code, one thing that I would request you to do is from your account, Go on Tools & Analysis -> Conversions. Choose the conversion code that you are currently utilizing/reporting on your website and go on webpages. This will help you see if you conversion code has been pushed on any other page apart from the TY page.

Once you know that your code is only pasted on the TY page we can then drill down to further elements. Also, I would suggest that you implement the OpenCart and AdWords conversion code on the same section in the HTML, that way you would know that both the codes are being executed the same time.

Do update us further.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nariman H,

Welcome to the community. I would like to ask you some question to understand the issue

1.Are you looking at one-per-click or many-per-click conversions? One-per-click is unique conversion where many-per-click is aggregate.

2.Are you using the same conversion code in other pages like "contact us" confirmation pages or Are there any other pages that lead to the same confirmation page where you have installed the conversion code? just my thought as this doesn't happen usually but it is possible that people are visiting that confirmation page one way or another.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply

Actually I wrongly pushed the button while my problem still exists! And I do not know how to un-do that!

Regarding your questions

1. Yes, I’m using one-per-click
2. No, I just use this conversion tracking code for checkout page that people see it after doing purchase…conversion tracking code just shows the number of conversions coming directly from adwords ads…I mean people search for that keyword, see my ad, click on it, go to site and do purchase a product then they see that checkout page….

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Did you try doing a test conversion by actually clicking the ad copy and completing the goal completion process?If not then I would advice you to do so in order to check what exactly is happening.
Conversion tracking cookie can track the conversion happened through an ad click for max period of 30 days.Hence if someone clicked your ad 30 days back and made the conversion, Adwords would update that in the interface as well. This could be another reason for data discrepancies with 3rd party software or web server logs

You can read this article for more help..
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375399?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Shuva

Thanks for your reply

Actually I already have done a test conversion, it was ok, Adwords system and OpenCart system both showed it.

For this account we started the campaigns since August 1st so it’s less than one month…
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Hariman,

From what I understand, AdWords is recording more conversions (one-per-click) as compared to OpenCart. I am not aware of how an OpenCart code functions so I won't comment on that.

For the AdWords conversion code, one thing that I would request you to do is from your account, Go on Tools & Analysis -> Conversions. Choose the conversion code that you are currently utilizing/reporting on your website and go on webpages. This will help you see if you conversion code has been pushed on any other page apart from the TY page.

Once you know that your code is only pasted on the TY page we can then drill down to further elements. Also, I would suggest that you implement the OpenCart and AdWords conversion code on the same section in the HTML, that way you would know that both the codes are being executed the same time.

Do update us further.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Re: Different numbers in Adwords conversion and OpenCart orders

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Nariman H,

Just a thought, are you importing goals to AdWords as conversions in addition to placing the AW conversion code on your "thank you" page? That could cause this.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neeti

Thanks for your advice. Now my problem solved completely by following your advice. The web development team put the code in different pages instead of putting it only on TY page.

Thanks again