AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Different impressions count in UI & AWQL for Ads perfomance freport

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

 

I exported the data with the help of AWQL (AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT) via java API and then my colleague generated the UI report for the same period. And we got different impressions count.

 

We used for period previous 60 day till yesterday, yesterday is excluded.

I'm situated in CET (UTC+1) and my colleague is in PDT (UTC-7). Account timezone is GMT+0

 

We thought that the possible reason is in different timezones of our location.

 

Can somebody clarifiry the possible reason why there is the difference between ?

 

Thanks, Alek

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Алексей М
September 2015

Re: Different impressions count in UI & AWQL for Ads perfomance fr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there.
Yes, it's likely the timezone. However, there's various other reasons.
Script and API data is processed separately (for performance reasons I'd imagine) and as such, there's more of a discrepancy. From my own experience, this can be up to 30 days (if you include conversion data) but usually not more than 36 hours (excluding conversion data) out of sync. Our rule of thumb for scripts is actually 7 days for keyword CPC, position and Impression data.

Try change the date range of your calls to something more than 3 days ago and see if they match better.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Алексей М
September 2015

Re: Different impressions count in UI & AWQL for Ads perfomance fr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there.
Yes, it's likely the timezone. However, there's various other reasons.
Script and API data is processed separately (for performance reasons I'd imagine) and as such, there's more of a discrepancy. From my own experience, this can be up to 30 days (if you include conversion data) but usually not more than 36 hours (excluding conversion data) out of sync. Our rule of thumb for scripts is actually 7 days for keyword CPC, position and Impression data.

Try change the date range of your calls to something more than 3 days ago and see if they match better.