AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different between CPC and CPV in-stream ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I couldn't find different between CPC and CPV in-stream ads, can anybody explain it?

How does CPC for in-stream ads charge the customer?

Tks very much!

Re: Different between CPC and CPV in-stream ads?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Tran Thi Hoang A,
Welcome to adwords community,
Cpc- Cost-per-click (CPC) bidding allows you to set a maximum price on the cost of someone clicking on your AdWords ads. This bidding method gives you good value because you pay only when a viewer is interested enough to click your ad.
For more information GO with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464960
CPV- Cost-per-view (CPV) bidding is the default way to set the price you'll pay for your AdWords video ads (when created with AdWords for video). While traditional display ads charge you for impressions, with CPV you pay only when a viewer watches your video.
For more information Go with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472735?hl=en

Hope it helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi sumanppc,
I know your helps. But I want to know it's diferent in "in-stream" video ads. Can you help me?
Tks for your explain

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Tran Hoang A,
In Steam ads we can run only in cpv model.
CPV bid, you enter the highest price you want to pay for a view while setting up your AdWords for video campaign. Your bid is called your maximum CPV bid.
For Example:- If you think it's worth 25 cents to have someone watch your video, you can set US$0.25 as your max CPV. For an in-search or in-display TrueView video ad, you'll pay a maximum of US$0.25 when users begin watching your video. For in-stream, you'll pay the maximum CPV when the user watches 30 seconds or sees the end of the ad, whichever comes first. You pay nothing if they don't initiate the video or drop off from the video before the minimum amount of time passes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But I can setup that in display ad builder and use CPC bid.