Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different ads in a same Ad Group with different Display and Final URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can two different ads in the same Ad Group and same ad Campaign have different Display URL & Final URL?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different ads in a same Ad Group with different Display and Final

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Praveen 

Unfortunately no, Adwords only allows you to have one Final URL per Adgorup. you can read about it here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Praveen N,

I'm afraid Terry C is absolutely wrong about this. You can have any number of Final URL's in your ad group, but they must all point to the same top-level domain. You can set keyword level Final URL's, as long as the arrive at the same top-level domain as Display URL after all re-directs. The referenced article says "one website", NOT one Final URL.

Let's say your website is www.example.com. The top-level domain is example.com. All display URL's must belong to this domain, www.example.com is a sub-domain. You could use shop.example.com in your display URL. I don't like doing that unless the sub-domain actually exists. But there is nothing wrong with having one display URL as example.com/store and another as example.com/shop.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hello Praveen,
I apologize for misleading you there, I was mistaken.
@ Petebardo thanks for clarifying. that is interesting. I always thought it had to go to the same page of the Domain throughout the entire Adgroup.