AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different ads in a same Ad Group with different Display and Final URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can two different ads in the same Ad Group and same ad Campaign have different Display URL & Final URL?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different ads in a same Ad Group with different Display and Final

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Praveen 

Unfortunately no, Adwords only allows you to have one Final URL per Adgorup. you can read about it here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Praveen N,

I'm afraid Terry C is absolutely wrong about this. You can have any number of Final URL's in your ad group, but they must all point to the same top-level domain. You can set keyword level Final URL's, as long as the arrive at the same top-level domain as Display URL after all re-directs. The referenced article says "one website", NOT one Final URL.

Let's say your website is www.example.com. The top-level domain is example.com. All display URL's must belong to this domain, www.example.com is a sub-domain. You could use shop.example.com in your display URL. I don't like doing that unless the sub-domain actually exists. But there is nothing wrong with having one display URL as example.com/store and another as example.com/shop.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hello Praveen,
I apologize for misleading you there, I was mistaken.
@ Petebardo thanks for clarifying. that is interesting. I always thought it had to go to the same page of the Domain throughout the entire Adgroup.