AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different Remarketing Code for different Categories

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I want to add different remarketing code for my different categories pages of my site.

Now my doubt is which ad will be shown to particular user who has visited different categories pages of my site.

And can I add 2 different remarketing code for in single page.

Looking forward for some help.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Patel Nirav

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different Remarketing Code for different Categories

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Patel

The way the remarketing script and lists work is that you add the script to one or more pages of your website. For the sake of simplicity, let´s say you put the same snippet of code on every page on your website.

Your webpages have different URL:s, and based on that you can create different remarketing-lists.

So lets say some of your webpages is about bikes, and all those pages URL:s contain the word (or actually not necessarily a word, but those letters in a row) BIKE (example: /kids-bike, /motorbike). You can create a list with a rule that every visitor who has visited a URL containing the word bike shall get a cookie from that list.

You can do the same for your URL:s containing CAR (/new-cars, /bluecar) and so on.

If I visit your webpage and go to /bluecar and then /kids-bike, I will get 2 cookies from you, and I will be on 2 of your lists.

/ David

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And just to extend - when you set up the remarketing campaigns you would have one campaign advertising bikes sending visitors to the remarketing page for bikes using the bike list - and another for the car list.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello David

Thanks for your reply.

Now If i create 1 campaign for Bike and another campaign for Car. So at that time which ad will be shown to a single user who is in both lists Bike or Car?

And if my URL structure doesn't allow to generate different remarketing-lists with name so can i add 2 different codes in same page so user will be in both list.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Patel,

You can place 2 remarketing codes on the same page. What's your objective in doing this?

I can't say with authority what will happen when a visitor visits 2 pages with different remarketing codes. What I have observed when I hit one of those pages, I see ads for the last page or item viewed on other web sites.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords