Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different Location Extensions At Campaign Level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Thanks in advance for any help here. I'm trying to work out something which should be very basic, but is turning out to be incredibly frustrating.

I am running adwords campaigns for 2 separate businesses, within 1 account.

One is a photography studio at one location. The other is a video production company at another location.

They are set up as 2 different campaigns.

Every time I sync the 2 addresses from GMB and try to add one each separately as a location extension to the respective campaign, both addresses are added at the account level, and BOTH addresses are added as a location extension to each business. I cannot work out how separate the two.

I need one address as a location extension for one campaign, and the other address as a location extension for the other campaign.

Please say it's possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different Location Extensions At Campaign Level

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

you always sync your locations at account level, but then you can switch to the Campaign extension tab within Location extension settings and you can add there one, all or any location you want on campaign level.

Campaign level extension will always override account level extension.

screenshot-adwords.google.com 2017-03-23 20-06-44.png

Tomáš

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @robrobrob276

This is not the intended practice Google would like to see;

As you correctly mentioned, to run a  location extension you should link GMB to your account. This is done at the account level.

So,  one business ---> one GMB ---> one AdWords  account.

You'll have to migrate one business to a new AdWords account, as the  recommended practice. (i.e. one business - one  AdWords account)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well.... I  am a bit in disagreement with @Tomáš Kraus on that. Smiley Surprised

Linking two GMBs of two separate businesses to one AdWords account is not a recommended practice. And honestly, I don't know how technically the system let / allowed to two GMBs with different owners to be linked to the same AdWords account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV

most likely the businesses are owned by the same entity and the two GMB listings belong to the same main Google account.
MCC accounts with manager access to multiple GMBS also have to specifically select the location(s) used for a specific Adwords account if the account owner has not already done so.