3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Different Landing page experience score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having difficulties understanding why for some keywords, landing page experience is bellow average, while for the others is Average or even Above average.

I am talking about keywords form the same ad group.

Testing the landing page with PageSpeed insights also does not offer any reason why google would not like it.

Does anyone has any clue about this?

Can bounce rate for a specific keyword/landing page pair affect the landing page experience score?

Can a (new) display url of the ad have any effect on landing page experience?

Please share your thoughts with me! Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different Landing page experience score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex C;

Honestly, I would not  "scratch my head  too much" trying to understand Google's bot s logic about landing page relevance. 

I would focus on the CTR - the major ad predominant  component of QS...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

There are several factors which Google considers for Landing Page Score, like loading time, navigation, descriptions of the images etc. The Score is average of all the other landing pages in the adgroup . Hence its relative.. I would suggest you to focus on CTR rather focusing on LP score
Unless you are not generating any leads/sales or visits from your Landing Page, don't worry much about LP score. Click through Rate is important

You can even explore 'Fetch as Google' Webmaster Tool
Preeti

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Off course Bounce rate of your landing page will effect Quality score of the keywords.

I suggest to bundle the keywords with separate ad group and make ads according to these keywords. This way you can optimize the keywords in right way and make changes in your landing pages also.

You can also perform A/B testing as well.

Adding display urls will not occur any problem, but I can say impressions only the measurement and relevance factor to display campaign landing page.

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all for your prompt replies! I wouldn't worry to much about landing page experience, since my CTR is very good an all ad groups that I run. The problem is that some of the ads affected by this landing page experience drop are performing very bad, if they are displayed at all (due to the quality score being accordingly affected by the landing page experience component). It' really strange how , in the same ad group, the same landing page experience can be both Above Average and Below Average, for very similar keywords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI @Pushpendra,

can you share with us any links confirming:
'....Off course Bounce rate of your landing page will effect Quality score of the keywords...'