star_border

Different Domain Campaign Set up and Conversion Tracking

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

We run campaigns for a website (e.g. www.abc.co.uk) where we import conversions set up in their Analytics account. We want to set up a new campaign targeting their other website (e.g. www.xyz.co.uk). I have a couple of querys on how to go about setting this up:

1. Will we be able to set up a new campaign targeting the new domain (www.xyz.co.uk) in the same account as for the main website (www.abc.co.uk)?

2. If we can use the same AdWords account, how will we be able to track conversions/revenue to the www.xyz.co.uk if we have already linked the account to the www.abc.co.uk Analytics profile?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Different Domain Campaign Set up and Conversion Tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Question 1: Yes you can have multiple domains in one account as destination URLs, Although personally i dont like it and I like to create different account for each domain. But i am sure you have your own reasons behind this. (You can not have multiple domain destination URLs within one AdGroup)

Question2: You can link the other analytics account to same AdWords account as well to import conversion values.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Question 1: Yes you can have multiple domains in one account as destination URLs, Although personally i dont like it and I like to create different account for each domain. But i am sure you have your own reasons behind this. (You can not have multiple domain destination URLs within one AdGroup)

Question2: You can link the other analytics account to same AdWords account as well to import conversion values.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nik

Thanks for answering my questions!