AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between text ad, mobile WAP ad, and dynamic search ad?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.

What is the difference between text ad, mobile WAP ad, and dynamic search ad when trying to launch mobile click-to-call ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Difference between text ad, mobile WAP ad, and dynamic search ad?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

This is different Type of Ads that can be used in Adwords:-

1.) Text Ads:- Text ads is simplest form of  text ads it is used for Desktop, Tablet and Smartphone device Targeting. It is divided in to four Parts

Headlines:-25 Character

Description Line:-35 Character

Description Line:-35 Character

Display URL:-35 Character

2.) Wap Text Ads:- This Ad Copy is used when you target with small mobile devices with mobile friendly landing page. it consists of 

Headline:-18 Character

Description Line:-18 Character

Display URL:-20 Character

3.) Dynamic Search Ads:- This is advance Type of Ad Copy that is used when a website several Url within one particular category. It will automatically creates your headline according to the website Category URL.

in this targeting you need not to add the Keywords.

Please follow the below link for more information:-

http://www.google.co.in/ads/innovations/dynamicsearchads.html

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If I am allowed to add a little something besides the great and detailed advice that you already received :

About the "What is the difference between"......"when trying to launch mobile click-to-call ad?"

I would say that the Dynamic Search Ads are the most efficient because they match the searchers intent on a wider scale. The WAP mobile are rarely used because of their short text lines.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Adrian, what is the difference b/w search ads with DKI (dynamic keyword insertion) and dynamic search ads? I am confused on that..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Dynamic Keyword Insertion replaces some characters in your Ad with the keyword that was triggered by the search term . To avoid Ads that have a weird meaning , it is best to use this with [exact match] keywords in the Ad Group.

Difference 1 : with DKI you have to use keywords with DSA you do not have to do this.

Difference 2: with DKI you usually add the keyword once in any line along with other text, with DSA the entire headline is dynamically generated and the rest of the Ad is a fixed template decided by you.

Difference 3: DSA is recommended for big sites, usually e-commerce with products, with more than a few hundred landing pages as explained here : link  . You cannot replace it's efficiency with DKI.

Difference 4: with DSA you have to have a lot of  links in the organic index ( the SERP ) to determine relevant searches and help it choose Landing pages for the Ads, with the DKI you set the landing pages manually ( Destination URLs ) .

Anyone else with a different opinion or more information is welcome to join the conversation to help taewoo . This was the best of my knowledge.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
In addition to the great point suggested by Adrian I would like put a few cents on this topics:-

In DSA The Adwords offers a report that contains what search terms, has been searched along with the headlines, automatically generated and Landing page that has been triggered. But there is no such reports available in Adwords for DKI ads.

DSA ads are based on your SEO index, so you should always exclude the Irrelevant Keywords and Landing page to avoid the unwanted seraches. Because every website has pages like “terms & conditions”, “privacy policy”, “Complaints” etc. But in DKI you have one landing page and generally used with Exact match keywords.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you taewoo for the questions , they motivated me to do some more reading.

Thank you Rakesh for viewing answering like a team work where many help to fill-in pieces of the puzzle.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Guys,

I would want to add an another brief point. I did notice that we create text ads that can run anywhere and is device independent. However, we create a WAP ad escpecially for mobile sites & if you want to target your ads for WIRELESS NETWORKS (wifi).

Cheers,

KC

www.adathon.in