AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between having 1 Campaign with 2 Ad Groups & 2 Campaigns with 1 Ad Group each?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Difference between having 1 Campaign with 2 Ad Groups & 2 Campaigns with 1 Ad Group each?

How is the daily budget shared?

And what are the Pros and Cons?

Example:

Campaign A with Ad1 and Ad2 - Daily Budget $20

Compare with

Campaign A with Ad1 - Daily Budget $10 + Campaign B with Ad2 - Daily Budget $10

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Max P

That's a good question. Budgets are set on the campaign level. So if you have two ad groups in one campaign, there is no guarantee that the $20/day will split evenly between the two. It's all going to be relative to what people are searching for and which ad group qualifies for impressions.  

If you do need ensure that there is an even split, then your second example is the way to go.

As for "pros and cons" that's going to be on a case by case basis, and is subjective to goals.  An example would be having a campaign that is selling widgets.  I have one ad group for blue widgets, and another for green widgets.  As long I am selling widgets at a good ROI, I don't care which ad group gets the most spend attributed to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David.

Hope that the more popular searched Ad will leverage on the less popular Ad's budget to maximize it's exposure. Smiley Happy