Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between campaign start date and Campaign enabling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members, 

I have a questions about the campaign start date and putting the campaign to enable state. I had a campaign creation task where the end date was to be 2nd of August. However, mistakenly I created the campaign with start date as 1st of August. Please see that campaigns were and are paused for now. 

Will it impact any metrics or have any monetary effects. Please suggest. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shivashish S
August

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If the campaigns were paused, they wouldn't have gone live or generated any spend.  In order for the campaigns to have automatically begun on the 1st, they would have had to been set to Enabled.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Not sure exactly what you are asking.  If you accidentally set a start date of Aug 1st, then your campaigns would only have run 2 days if you have it enabled.  If you currently have it paused, nothing will happen.

If you set a start date for a campaign in the future, you need to leave the campaign enabled within the account.  AdWords will automatically begin showing the ads on that date (assuming you got them in soon enough to be approved).  If you Pause the ads/ad group/campaign in the dashboard, it will not turn on for the start date you set.  It will then be able to run, but will remain in the Paused state.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kyle, 

Thanks for your response!!

Yes, I accidentally set the campaign date as 1st August wherein the required date was 2nd August. I just wanted to know if this will have any impact on the budget of the account. Please see that the campaigns were paused all the time. 

Thanks again!!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shivashish S
August

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If the campaigns were paused, they wouldn't have gone live or generated any spend.  In order for the campaigns to have automatically begun on the 1st, they would have had to been set to Enabled.