AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Diff / Benifits of Day Parting Versus Pausing a Campaign Manually?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if somebody could list out the difference between Day Parting a campaign (to pause it) or to manually pause the campaign and then enabling it.

I would like to know if this or how this effects only search campaign and individual display account.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Diff / Benifits of Day Parting Versus Pausing a Campaign Manually?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Debanjan G,

I use day parting schedules. After analyzing traffic and sales I noticed certain times of the day are more productive in terms of CTR and Conversion Rate, so I set day parting schedule to reflect that. This reduced the spend during times of low conversion, and overall reduced the CPA for the campaigns involved. You set day parting once and you don't need to go back manually to pause the campaign during off hours. Pausing a campaign may not be immediate, but the day parting schedule is always honored.

Either way has no direct effect on the quality of your campaign. Neither will cause your QS to change.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords