AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Did I get my friends account Banned? Please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI there, I really hope someone can help or shed some light on this.

I'm helping a friend to improve their sites look, and I'm also working on their SEO.

I made changes to their on page SEO, fixed titles, alt tags in images etc... I also uploaded videos for them on video sharing sites, and articles on article directories.

I think what most likely caused the problem was, I created ab xml sitemap, and submited it to my webmaster tools account...

I had to ftp a file on their server and verify, so, this could be the only thing... but why is this wrong... or is it this?

And... how can I get their account back? Literature on the subject, online, doesn't fill me with confidence... 

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi paperclip,   All things which you have referred in you...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi paperclip,

All things which you have referred in your post are purely related to Search Engine Optimization. I am not sure what exactly you want to ask in reference to Adwords here.

But as the title of your post looks, it feels like the Adwords account has either got suspended or something. Can you please elaborate on what exactly is the issue?

And just in case, if you need assistance in terms of SEO, you can follow the Google Webmasters Forum for complete understanding.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi paperclip,   All things which you have referred in you...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi paperclip,

All things which you have referred in your post are purely related to Search Engine Optimization. I am not sure what exactly you want to ask in reference to Adwords here.

But as the title of your post looks, it feels like the Adwords account has either got suspended or something. Can you please elaborate on what exactly is the issue?

And just in case, if you need assistance in terms of SEO, you can follow the Google Webmasters Forum for complete understanding.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Thanks for the quick reply Pankaj.   I don't really know...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply Pankaj.

I don't really know much about Adwords, so, thought this would be the best place to start.

Here's all the info... maybe it wasn't me... but it just seems weird as it's happend around the same time I made changes to his site.

Can optimizing a site, and adding it to google webmaster tools get your adwords account suspended?

1) The only thing I can think, that could have caused any issue, was me adding his sites xml sitmap to my google webmaster tools account.

I'm in China, and he's a Chinese business owner, so, I just thought it was easier for me to attach his site to my webmaster tools, than try and explain to him how to do it.

Can this really get your account suspended? ... and if so, why?

Maybe it's something else, but the timing is just funny

Cheers

Pankaj would know better than me, but I don't think the S...

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Pankaj would know better than me, but I don't think the SEO aspects had much of anything to do with it. Then again, I don't know about the XML site stuff, and, you know... things like that. Smiley Happy

What is all the AdWords info? What is the AdWords end of things, all other factors aside? 

Tom

Hey, tomhalejr, ye, that's what I'm thinking... I mean, i...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, tom, ye, that's what I'm thinking... I mean, if I wanted to mess up someones ad campaign, whats to stop me doing some black hat seo with their domain name... if this was the case, it would be far too easy to take out the competition... so, the seo I did, I really don't think there's a problem.

But, the xml sitemap meant that I had to access their server, which, is different from just adding backlinks... but, that said... I can't see any reason why this would cause any problem with Google Adwords.

As I said, it's probably just a co insadence... 

Cheers.

Hello again paperclip,   Talking offline a little bit, as...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again paperclip,

Talking offline a little bit, as far as my knowledge goes in terms of SEO, I don't think your Adwords account gets a suspension until you start following black hat techniques which are in violation of Google.

Could you share some email content which was sent in your inbox telling you that your account has been suspended.

Still, my best guess would be that your landing page would have been in some violation due to which this happened. You can refer to these informative links from Google notes and rectify the website and then again ask Google to review it.

Additionally see this informative thread posted by Google Employee Subharaj talking about Landing page and violations in details.

Hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

Reason for suspension?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Paperclip,

What reason did Google give for the suspension?  Repeated landing page violations?  seen alot of those lately....

It could just be a case of bad timing - but more details on the reasoning given by Google would help.

Also can you give us an idea of what your friend is trying to market through adwords?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Hey Kim, I'm waiting to get an email back from my friend....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Kim, I'm waiting to get an email back from my friend.

It's a Chinese Language school... I'll update when I get more info... cheers.