2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Devices setup under Campaign settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I make a selection in Campaign settings under Devices and pick an operation system (Android, iOS....) or pick a device model, or a carrier will this restrict the ad showing ONLY to my selection or will the ads show on a PC and in my selection? 

For example if I select Android, will my ads show only on Android OR on Windows and Android? 

The heading above the settings says:

Desktops & laptops, mobile devices and tablets

however the settings don't have any options for desktops and laptops, hence my question. You can't select Windows, nor Intel devices, only mobile and tablets are shown.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Devices setup under Campaign settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone? Knowing the answer will tell us if it is possible to target Windows with Android in one campaign. 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You are still using the legacy Campaign not enhanced as I can see 

So If you have Computers & Laptops Ticked, Then Tablets Ticked you will show on PCS & Tablets

The android and IOS modifications will only affect Cell phones so in a summary if you choose this specs you will still show on PCs unaffected and will show on windows & Android 

I hope this Helps

Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use the new enhanced campaign using display network. The enhanced campaign doesn't allow you to deselect tablets so when you try to place restrictions on them, the question pops up:

When I select subset of tablets (OS, Device model, wifi network) will the ads also show up on Windows?

This is one of the first steps in the campaign setup, yet I was not able to find an answer to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having this problem. I am currently targeting Mobile IOS but I have just noticed that I now seem to have excluded desktops somehow?

I have no data coming in for computers - I have tablet and mobile only. And I cannot figure out how to target desktops again without having to 'Target All' which I do not want to do.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just closed the enhanced campaign, and created a new legacy campaign, then copied all the ad groups over. The legacy campaign device settings don't have this problem. Not a solution, but a quick workaround. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Guys I am sorry I Forgot about to mention that you can only customize these settings on display network , so in search network campaign we you are forced on all which is not cool Smiley Sad

so you can stick with Legacy for now but by mid july all campaigns will be forced into enhanced

By the way I loved the Legacy campaign way more than enhanced and I don't think its cool taking all this customization out and force tablets on all people 

Maged Wassef

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The main problem with the enhanced campaign is that I can't find an answer to my question:

When I select subset of tablets (OS, Device model, wifi network) will the ads also continue showing up on Windows? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I will try it and let you know
Maged Wassef

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

q.JPGI checked on it and this customization is only for

Advanced mobile and tablet options

First you are sure coming up on PCS normally regardless of the OS not affected at all, as these settings are for only Tablets & Mobiles

Second if you will miss windows mobiles which I am not sure of yet but its almost extinct Smiley Very Happy 

I hope That Help

Maged Wassef